Site Visit Prior To Erection
Site visits prior to erection serve several purposes and are worth the effort it takes to make them happen, some times it is wise to make a few site visits before gearing up to do project. It is also a good idea for erector to take foreman that is running project to site visit.
One of many issue an Erector faces is the GC will try to get the erector on site before everything is ready, most projects run behind schedule and the GC hopes to pick up time with the erector and will sometimes get the erector in early, if for nothing else to make a showing. Starting a project before it is ready costs an erector money.
Here is a list of things to check for on a site visit.
- Is there power-lines that need to be moved or insulated?
- Is there adequate access to site?
- Is lay-down area firm, properly graded, well drained and accessible?
- What is the projected start date?
- Is GC on track to have foundations done by start date of erection?
- Is there going to be enough foundations down to have continuous erection?
- Will masonry walls and/or stud bearing walls going to be ready?
- Have roof opening dimensions been clarified?
- Is there any thing in way of locations the crane needs to be placed?
- Is project in a flight path?
- How will activities be coordinated with other trades? Will we have a clean run to erect steel or will we have to work around other crafts?
- If project has stairs are they going to be onsite to hang when going up with steel?
Steel Estimating Solutions
Steel Erection Bid Wizard
Join dozens of your peers that have revolutionized the way they estimate. Take your estimating department digital with Steel Erection Bid Wizard. Only software on the market made for Erectors by an Erector.
Steel Erection Bid Wizard is a fully functional Windows – based software package. Estimate your bids more quickly and easier than ever before.
Benefits of The Steel Erection Bid Wizard
- Reduce the time it takes to estimate by 50% or more
- Tried & true production rates for labor, crane & weld time
- You can easily adjust production rates to fit your company
- More than 300 built-in tasks
- Ability to create your own tasks and add new categories
- Generate one-touch proposals
- Integrate with multiple takeoff software’s
- Peace of mind