Steel Erection Best Practice for Sequencing
- Find out from GC the direction they are constructing project.
- Figure division’s size, based on crane size and most productive path.
- Request interior access in advance if needed.
- Team effort between GC, Erector and Fabricator.
Sequencing of projects is a critical component to a successful project. There are different terms used when talking about sequencing IE… division’s, zones an areas.
It is best to get with the General Contractor to learn what direction they are planning to take in constructing project. Upon getting the GC direction, the Erector needs to figure what size the division’s need to be based on his crane size (for reach) what direction he wants to move to be most productive. Also needs to request interior access if it is needed.
Once the Erector has his game plan he then needs to meet with fabricator in order to get steel sequenced in the correct fashion. If sequencing is to be implemented on project it is important to get with the fabricator in a timely fashion, so they can fabricate according to the desired sequence.
For sequencing to flow smoothly it really takes a team effort of the GC, Erector and Fabricator. It becomes even more critical when you are working in a tight site with no lay down room.
Steel Estimating Solutions
Steel Erection Bid Wizard
Join dozens of your peers that have revolutionized the way they estimate. Take your estimating department digital with Steel Erection Bid Wizard. Only software on the market made for Erectors by an Erector.
Steel Erection Bid Wizard is a fully functional Windows – based software package. Estimate your bids more quickly and easier than ever before.
Benefits of The Steel Erection Bid Wizard
- Reduce the time it takes to estimate by 50% or more
- Tried & true production rates for labor, crane & weld time
- You can easily adjust production rates to fit your company
- More than 300 built-in tasks
- Ability to create your own tasks and add new categories
- Generate one-touch proposals
- Integrate with multiple takeoff software’s
- Peace of mind