This is a series of 14 videos showing the HUGE benefits in doing a digital takeoff for your Steel Erection projects. We will go through the full process of uploading drawings, showing you how to set up a project, do a takeoff, as well as some great time saving tips and tricks to help you get up to speed in doing a digital takeoff as quick as possible.
Each video series will cover the below topics, as they are released each topic below will be hyper link to that topic, which will allow you to save this page to use for a refresher in the future or give to a team member that is being trained.
So, make sure you book mark this page 😊
- Getting set up properly for doing a digital takeoff is the key to success.
- Setting up project folders and uploading plans.
- Step one, setting scale. (great tip to always know scale is set on page)
- Step two, setting up the detail drawings.
- Why Steel Estimating Solutions can get you doing a takeoff day one.
- Step three, doing the takeoff.
- Step four, setting up areas/floors.
- Time saving tip one, using auto count. (Makes doing a quantity takeoff FAST!!!)
- Time saving tip two, copying like tasks for floors/areas. (HUGE TIME SAVINGS)
- Time saving tip three, counting shears studs on automation. (You will love this)
- Time saving tip four, counting kickers and X-bridging on automation.
- Time saving tip five using a gaming mouse to do main functions in takeoff.
- Exporting takeoff to the Steel Erection Bid Wizard for your erection price.
- Overview of the differences in eTakeoff, OnScreen Takeoff and Bluebeam.
If there is anything else you would like me to cover reach out and let me know.
Steel Estimating Solutions
PS… If you are looking to take your estimating process into the 21st century, Steel Estimating Solutions can be a great resource to help you make that happen. I have been doing digital takeoffs since 2001 and have developed a pricing tool (actually, much more than that) called the Steel Erection Bid Wizard. I have helped over 260 Steel Erectors to make the transition and would love to help you as well. Give me a call anytime.
Steel Erection Bid Wizard
Join dozens of your peers that have revolutionized the way they estimate. Take your estimating department digital with Steel Erection Bid Wizard. Only software on the market made for Erectors by an Erector.
Steel Erection Bid Wizard is a fully functional Windows – based software package. Estimate your bids more quickly and easier than ever before.
Benefits of The Steel Erection Bid Wizard
- Reduce the time it takes to estimate by 50% or more
- Tried & true production rates for labor, crane & weld time
- You can easily adjust production rates to fit your company
- More than 300 built-in tasks
- Ability to create your own tasks and add new categories
- Generate one-touch proposals
- Integrate with multiple takeoff software’s
- Peace of mind
- Smart Fuel Calculator
- Weather Projections