In this Bluebeam video series for Steel Erectors, we will be going over the benefits a Steel Erector can get from Bluebeam. I think every Steel Erector can find some great use with this tool. It is excellent for document control and has some excellent applications for the field. A lot of companies use it to perform takeoffs; in fact, my software, the Steel Erection Bid Wizard integrates with it.
This video series is not meant to cover everything that you can use Bluebeam for. My main goal for this series is to show you how this tool can work for you and your company as a Steel Erector. And help you speed up some of the tedious processes you may be currently doing manually.
*** To perform the tasks, I’m going to show you in Bluebeam you will need the version of Bluebeam called extreme to be able to do them.
*** Below are the topics I will be covering in this video series if a topic is not hyperlinked yet, bookmark this page and come back from time to time as I will be creating these videos over the next few weeks.
Any questions you may have or if there is something you would like me to go over leave me a comment down in the comment section below.
- Using Bluebeam to label drawings
- Using Bluebeam to extract drawing pages
- Using Bluebeam to combined drawings
- Using Bluebeam to flatten markups in drawings. (When not flatten PDF may perform slower when viewing drawings)
- Hyperlinking Details for quick navigation
- Hyperlinking Field Use Erection drawings to Shop drawings
- Benefits of Bluebeam Studio for Steel Erectors
- A Bluebeam profile for Steel Erection I have created for Steel Erection takeoffs
- Performing a Steel Erection takeoff in Bluebeam
Up next… Using Bluebeam to label drawing
PS… If you found value here do me a HUGE favor, on the top right corner of this site you will see some links for different social media sites. It would be awesome if you would share it with others that you think may find value too!
Steel Estimating Solutions
PS… If you are looking to take your estimating process into the 21st century, Steel Estimating Solutions can be a great resource to help you make that happen.
I have been doing digital takeoffs since 2001 and have developed a pricing tool (actually, much more than that) called the Steel Erection Bid Wizard. I have helped over 260 Steel Erectors to make the transition and would love to help you as well. Give me a call anytime at 505-249-2390
Steel Erection Bid Wizard
Join dozens of your peers that have revolutionized the way they estimate. Take your estimating department digital with Steel Erection Bid Wizard.
Only software on the market made for Erectors by an Erector.
Steel Erection Bid Wizard is a fully functional Windows-based software package. Estimate your bids more quickly and easier than ever before.
Benefits of The Steel Erection Bid Wizard
- Reduce the time it takes to estimate by 50% or more
- Tried & true production rates for labor, crane & weld time
- You can easily adjust production rates to fit your company
- More than 300 built-in tasks
- Ability to create your own tasks and add new categories
- Generate one-touch proposals
- Integrate with multiple takeoff software’s
- Peace of mind
- Smart Fuel Calculator
- Weather Projections
- Production Rate Calculator
- Works in imperial and metric