Site Specific Erection Plan
- Have a Site Specific Erection Plan that is reviewed and followed by all employee’s on every project.
Every project an Erector works on should have a site specific erection plan prepared by a competent person. Once it is created the signature’s of GC and Steel Erector should be on it, it is also wise to have each employee sign it as well so it is documented that they have read it.
Below you will find the components of a Site Specific Erection plan as well as 2 samples.
Prior to starting erection activities, every worker involved in the erection should review the site-specific erection plan.
The site-specific erection plan includes:
- A site-specific hazard assessment.
- Erection drawings and erection procedures for connecting the structural parts of a skeleton structure.
Erection drawings and erection procedures for connecting the structural parts of a skeleton structure must be:
- Prepared by a competent person.
- Contain the components as shown below.
- Made available to and reviewed by all workers before work begins.
These erection drawings and procedures must:
- Show the sequence in which the structure is erected.
- Ensure that the structure is stable during assembly.
- Ensure that any erection procedures that have been added or changed on-site have been prepared by a competent person before they are used.
Components of the Site-Specific Erection Plan
Sequence of Erection:
- Manufacturer/supplier must plan the loading of trucks according to the erection sequence as well as the storage space on-site.
- Material deliveries, staging, and storage.
- Coordination with other building trades.
- Description and placement of equipment.
Steel Erection Activities:
- Verify anchor bolt/rod placement.
- Notification of repair and modifications.
- Identify all lifts, including critical lifts.
- Erection of structural steel components.
- Stability: temporary and permanent bracing and guying.
- Securing connections.
Preparation of Fall Protection Plan
- Use a fall protection system.
- Be informed about the fall protection plan and the safe use of all the fall protection systems being used on site.
- Be trained in the use of the fall protection systems.
Employers must develop fall protection procedures in a fall protection plan and it must specify:
- Fall hazards.
- Fall protection systems.
- Procedures used to install, maintain, inspect, use, and dissembled the systems according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Description of rescue or emergency procedures (Note: Calling 9II,
- While appropriate, is not in itself a sufficient rescue plan.)
- Fall protection plan must be available at the work site before work with a risk of falling begins.
Example Site Specific Erection Plan
Steel Estimating Solutions
Steel Erection Bid Wizard
Join dozens of your peers that have revolutionized the way they estimate. Take your estimating department digital with Steel Erection Bid Wizard. Only software on the market made for Erectors by an Erector.
Steel Erection Bid Wizard is a fully functional Windows – based software package. Estimate your bids more quickly and easier than ever before.
Benefits of The Steel Erection Bid Wizard
- Reduce the time it takes to estimate by 50% or more
- Tried & true production rates for labor, crane & weld time
- You can easily adjust production rates to fit your company
- More than 300 built-in tasks
- Ability to create your own tasks and add new categories
- Generate one-touch proposals
- Integrate with multiple takeoff software’s
- Peace of mind