Installing Stairs & Landings
Stairs and Landings can be a simple process or have many challenges depending on the time spent laying out and setting up to erect stairs.
- Verify that the stair shaft is square and is the correct dimensions the drawing shows.
- The layout of the first stairway is critical as the rest of the stairway will build off of it.
- Weld lifting eyes on stair fights and landing (if required) before crane is set up to erect them.
- Work hard at having the stairs and landing on site while steel is being erected for two reasons. 1. When installed it helps for crews to get to place of work safer and easier. 2. Hanging stairs with a crane is much easier and less costly then hanging by hand from underneath deck.
Steel Estimating Solutions
PS… If you are looking to take your estimating process into the 21st century, Steel Estimating Solutions can be a great resource to help you make that happen. I have been doing digital takeoffs since 2001 and have developed a pricing tool (actually much more than that) called the Steel Erection Bid Wizard. I have helped over 260 Steel Erectors to make the transition and would love to help you as well. Give me a call anytime.
Steel Erection Bid Wizard
Join dozens of your peers that have revolutionized the way they estimate. Take your estimating department digital with Steel Erection Bid Wizard. Only software on the market made for Erectors by an Erector.
Steel Erection Bid Wizard is a fully functional Windows – based software package. Estimate your bids more quickly and easier than ever before.
Benefits of The Steel Erection Bid Wizard
- Reduce the time it takes to estimate by 50% or more
- Tried & true production rates for labor, crane & weld time
- You can easily adjust production rates to fit your company
- More than 300 built-in tasks
- Ability to create your own tasks and add new categories
- Generate one-touch proposals
- Integrate with multiple takeoff software’s
- Peace of mind
- Smart Fuel Calculator
- Weather Projections