Steel Erection Best Practices Series
Over the coming month Steel Estimating Solutions will be doing a series on Steel Erection best practices there will be 25 sections regarding this topic. It is by no means an end all, I will say these best practices served our company very well for many years.
If you are just getting started in the industry my hope is you will find some value from this series to help you move forward and for those that have been playing the game for sometime I hope that you may find a nugget or two 🙂
Preparation For Steel Erection
Preparation is key to the successful outcome of any project. It is a time for all Key players to come together and make a plan to perform project safely, with quality, timely and profitable.
The time spent in preparation is by far one of the most important task an Erector will do to make the outcome of the project a success.
In the following sections we will cover the best practices for Steel Erection
- Preparation For Steel Erection
- Sequencing of Steel
- Pre-Erection Meeting with key personnel
- Site Visit
- Site Specific Erection Plan
- Pre-Job Meeting
- Cranes and Equipment
- Common Pitfalls Steel Erectors Face
- Intro To Unloading & Shaking Out Steel
- Unloading & Shaking Out Columns
- Unloading & Shaking Out Beams
- Unloading & Shaking Out Joist and Joist Girders
- Unloading & Shaking Out Deck
- Unloading & Shaking Out Miscellaneous Steel
- Unloading & Shaking Out Stairs
- Intro To Erecting Steel
- Erecting Columns
- Erecting Beams
- Erecting Joist
- Metal Deck
- Installing Miscellaneous Steel
- Installing Stairs & Landings
- Erection Crews Sizes
Steel Estimating Solutions
PS… If you are looking to take your estimating process into the 21st century, Steel Estimating Solutions can be a great resource to help you make that happen. I have been doing digital takeoffs since 2001 and have developed a pricing tool (actually much more than that) called the Steel Erection Bid Wizard. I have helped over 260 Steel Erectors to make the transition and would love to help you as well. Give me a call anytime.
Steel Erection Bid Wizard
Join dozens of your peers that have revolutionized the way they estimate. Take your estimating department digital with Steel Erection Bid Wizard. Only software on the market made for Erectors by an Erector.
Steel Erection Bid Wizard is a fully functional Windows – based software package. Estimate your bids more quickly and easier than ever before.
Benefits of The Steel Erection Bid Wizard
- Reduce the time it takes to estimate by 50% or more
- Tried & true production rates for labor, crane & weld time
- You can easily adjust production rates to fit your company
- More than 300 built-in tasks
- Ability to create your own tasks and add new categories
- Generate one-touch proposals
- Integrate with multiple takeoff software’s
- Peace of mind